Saturday, August 21, 2010

Today ... My birthday

Well today will be one of the most memorable birthday's of all. I turned 51 today.... and also tomorrow in the states.. This will be one of the longest birthday's I will ever have.. almost 36 hours worth. Got up this AM.. headed down to breakfast with Spencer, Lisa, and Pat. We had a great breakfast hearing about the crazy antics of Spencer and Lisa the day before (which was also Lisa's 46th birthday). Then the restaurant staff came and sang Happy Birthday to me.. and brought me this beautiful Chocolate Mouse Cake.

I then went upstairs to skype with Tim and Tom and Joe and company. They were having dinner with friends and also sang Happy Birthday to me as well. I went upstairs to change shirt into my red team competition shirt. Today is our first of 2 rounds of competition bowling. We took a taxi to Eastwood City to the mall where the bowling alley was. It was about a 20 minute drive... and the taxi fare was 137 peso's... which 45 pesos to the dollar.. you do the math. This was so cheap. I gave him alot more.. the people have so little compared to us in the USA.

WELL.. My team consisted of Rahul, Jeff (both on my volleyball team) and Himi. To make a long story short. WE ARE IN FIRST place. The only sport of the SportsFest that any Red team in in first place. We have 2nd rounds next week... so at least the worst we can do is 2nd.. but WE WILL prevail!!!!!! Here are some pics of that competition as well.

I did buy myself a fun polo shirt for my birthday present... Pat and I came back by taxi to the hotel while Spencer and Lisa stayed at Preshants and Davaker's condo for awhile.

NOW.. I am off to my 2nd weeks massage and facial. which is becoming my Sunday afternoon ritual. I am kind of sore from playing volleyball and bowling.. so hour massage, hour facial.. and it all costs 55 dollars that is including tips for both ladies.

Then bed til 10 PM.. and then hang out in the lobby and watch the flower arrangements come down and go up.. again the finishing touch of my Sunday Ritual.

Turning 51 is and will be a great day that I will never forget.

Enjoy some of the pics of my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment