Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Post of the weekend..

Yesterday (Saturday) came home from work.. had breakfast and had a birthday celebration with a cake and singing in the restaurant for my co worker Lisa. She is the picture with the long Blond hair. Her birthday was Saturday. Went to bed and got some sleep to get ready for the 2nd week of competition for the Red Team Volleyball.

Got up around 3:30 and wanted to run to the drug store real quick for some gatorade. The Mercury Drug store is on the other side of the circle in front of the hotel. I got my 2 1.5 liters of gatorade.. and thought to myself.. self? This bag is going to rip on you... Stopped at the Starbucks for some coffee and a sandwich so I wouldn't pass out in the heat at the gym. I got back up to the front entrance outside of the hotel... and wouldn't you know.. the bag breaks.. my 2 bottles of gatorade go flying.. and I have about 5 people rushing to my aid. They didn't know what happened so they tried to put them bag into the bag that was broke.. and they flew out again. Finally they offered to take them to my room via the Bellman. I had my coffee and sandwich in my hands.. and so I took them up on their offer.

I get back to my room, and I knew that my do not disturb light was on... but there was someone in my room. I knocked on the door... and walked in. It was 2 men from security...I had 2 wake up calls 10 minutes apart to get up... and I had left before the 2nd one. Well they thought something was wrong so they came to make sure I was ok. I felt bad and appologized for the inconvenience.

Took the car to the Air Force base again to play volleyball. We were going to meet early to practice which we needed. I think I am getting used to the oppressive heat.. since I wasn't sweating in a pool of sweat BEFORE I started to play like I did the first week. We practiced.. then we got the game started. Of course we are playing the best of the 6 teams. We had a coach on ourside and poor Kath.. our captain. tried to get us to the best we could. I played the 1st half of the 1st set. In that time I jammed my left fore finger, and got hit in the face by the ball. :) We lost the first set. On the 2nd set.. we were leading 22 to 14... and yet we still lost 25 to 22. next week.. our last chance.. we are going to WIN. Here are some videos of me playing. In both clips i am serving.. red shirt... blue shorts....

After the game got back to the hotel, showered and then Pat and I went to dinner over at Greenbelt at this great outdoor dining seafood restaurant. I had this seafood bisque.. with a puff pastry shell over the bowl. it was the best bisque I have ever had. Then we had surf and turf, small filet and 2 HUGE prawns.. potatoes and vegetables.. 2 beers and then Pat sprang for a piece of White Chocolate Cheesecake and we celebrated my anniversary of 11 years with Tim. Pat was anniversary date for the night. Got home and went to bed. It was a great day would have been better if we only could have pulled out the win on the 2nd set of volleyball.


No comments:

Post a Comment