Monday, October 4, 2010

hello All:

It has been a few days since I have been on.. main reason is that we don't have WIFI at the villa. So that means I walk into the nearest village to the Anixi Lounge (more like a cafe) and sit and have cafe and do my wifing... Today 5 came down the hill and they left to go back home, and to drive to one of the beaches here on Mykonos.. I am staying at the villa by the pool. Life is good at home so why go anywhere... :) I have been around some so I have gotten out.

Also just to address the terror threat to Europe. My mother of course emailed me to come home.. I think she meant back to Iowa... though afraid for my life... (my mother - not me), I assured her that we were / are fine. I don't think they are going to go after a few tourists here in Mykonos in their off season... :) But when we get back to Paris for 2 days on Saturday... that could be a different story... :) However I am staying with friends in Paris so I will be fine...
My belief is that you have to life life like there is no tomorrow... because tomorrow will come... and you will have no warning. So.. Live life to the fullest every day... !!! ok.. enough of that talk..

Last couple of days we have just gone around Mykonos, some the island by car, have eaten great food, gone shopping and shopping and shopping. All the stores here are having the end of season clearance discounts. Some stores are having 70% off. most at least 50.. I have bought more clothes.. so I think I am done shopping for clothes for the next 5 years. or until we go into Mykonos again.. which for me will probably be in the morning. It is about a 45 minute walk into Mykonos from the villa.. and it is a healthy walk up and down the hills. I try to walk down at least 1 time a day for the exercise. I am doing well on that front.

There is also a beach (Ornos Beach) within walking distance if I want or I can go with any of the folks I am with in their cars as well. This vacation I am more staying at home and relaxing than ever. With my schedule lately I just want to sit.. So that means I will have to come back to do all the sightseeing at that time. I will go to Delios on that day tour when they go. That should be interesting. 1/2 of the group is planning on taking a high speed ferry to Santorini for an overnight... but since I was there I don't plan on going again. I would like to go there next trip 1/2 of the vacation... and then Mykonos the other 1/2. We will see.

So we just sit around and relax. Sometimes we get sporadic internet from the villa.. but can't count on it at all. The weather is in the 70's and sunny.... today as well as yesterday not a cloud in the sky. It is a little windy up at the villa since we are up on the hillside looking over the bay across from the town of Mykonos. It is a great relaxing vacation full of fun, sun, and great food and shopping and the people we have met here in all the places of Greece have been just the best.

Well let me run.. back to the villa, the sun, relaxation....


No comments:

Post a Comment